About the project
Dr Kavanagh runs a busy specialised clinic in Galway City and is a client of ours - we also run his dotmd.ie website, an annual medical conference which has grown year on year since 2014.
His requirements were
- Website Design
- Logo redraw
- Web Development of a CMS allowing easy updates
- Online Payments form
- Online Repeat Prescription form submission
Our process to execute this project
We enlisted our Design Partner at Lettereleven to help on the design of this project. Color Palette, Typography and iconography were sketched up on Figma and approved by the client who wanted 'a very simple, but functional website'.
From a development point of view the following notable functionality was provided:
- Allow Patients to pay invoices online. We integrated the payment form with the Stripe Payment gateway
- Allow existing Patients to submit Repeat Prescription requests online
- Allow Dr Kavanagh make simple updates himself using the CMS, including adding news items and video
The resulting site is simple but eye-catching. Subtle icon movement and some smooth fading animations are leveraged but not overdone.
For Dr Kavanagh the website needed to be accessible to all and above all else 'just work'.